Hero Quest and Vision QuestRediscover yourself, reclaim your life and achieve your potential
Remember your dreams. Re-awaken your Human potential. Change your life. Live.
Potentially Life Changing. One and Two Week Wilderness Programmes for Everyone.
Personal Development; Dealing with Life Issues; Dealing with Change; Making Changes; Direction; Purpose; Actions; Wellbeing; Meaning – LIFE
WILDERNESS VISION QUEST is an ancient and established process. Although ancient, it clearly incorporates recognised, established, modern therapeutic and coaching approaches.
VISION QUEST and HERO QUEST are a chance to move on – make decisions and make changes. To live life again, on your own terms.
This is a guided process, for all women and men. It uses coaching, therapeutic approaches, bushcraft and wilderness living skills, to look deep into the wilderness-mirror at yourself and your life and take stock. But this mirror shows you more than simply where you are right now. It shows you the past and the future. It reminds you of your potential – who and what you were meant to be. It shows you a path to being true to your self, and also to choosing how to react when life and events just happen to you, and don’t always allow you control.
So, it is about both Dealing with Change, and also about Making Changes.
Vision Quest is a Hero Quest. Is there a small voice growing inside you, or is it already a howl from the wilderness? Are you hearing the call to do this? Are you ready for change?
This is not paddling at the edge of the water in life, this is full immersion and being swept downstream. There is no quick, easy way to transforming yourself or your life, and this is neither quick nor easy. But if you are ready to take that step and stop living a half-life, then this is where you truly begin.
“I AM A SPEAR…” Cutting edge, shape and form, direction, velocity, flight, momentum, …and a target
What is it?
This is either a one-week or two-week personal development program in the wilderness. You will focus on your specific issues and objectives that you bring with you. This is based around an established and effective process known in some circles as Wilderness Vision Quest.
The objective is to come through the VISION QUEST or HERO QUEST process with clarity, firm new intentions, objectives and immediate actions, formulated by you, for when you return to your life context. For those bringing their personal anxieties, fears, and behaviours which are impacting their personal wellbeing, one of the things we can do on an individual level to pull ourselves out of this darkness is to take positive action – Do something. Take control.
These intentions and actions may be around generating a whole new vision, mission and purpose for your life.
The program facilitates you to focus on what you are really all about, in the most unconstrained and uninterrupted way possible, in a mind-set altering environment and wilderness context you would never normally approach your issues from. This is what frees your thinking and also your emotions, in order to clear away the clutter and blockers, expose your blind-spots, allowing you to get to the heart of what is truly important and urgent in your objectives for attending this program. In the light of this new and different context, participants are frequently surprised to discover other different objectives – that the things actually needing to be dealt with are not what they thought. Clarity.
HERO /ˈhɪərəʊ/ – The Six Pillars of Heroism:
- DO challenging things
- DO NOT do the negative thing
- DO the positive thing
- DO NOT stand still
- DO help someone else
- DO discover and acknowledge and pursue your passion
You may not feel anything like a hero. Or you may be a hero without a purpose. This Pictish Hero Quest and Vision Quest are designed for all women and men who want to re-discover themselves and their life and direction.
This process demands your utmost commitment and engagement. It is a one-week (Hero Quest), or two-week (Full Vision Quest), concentrated, intense, and accessible experience. The Hero Quest includes a 2 night / 1 day solo wilderness experience and fast; and the Full Vision Quest can include up to 4 nights / 4 days solo wilderness experience and fast.
Don’t be fooled – This is no quick, easy fix. This is going to open your eyes, challenge you and shift the rudder which is defining your current direction …if you let it.
It can be a stepping stone towards many more Vision Quest experiences, as a part of your normal life pattern. The Hero Quest can also be used as preparation towards a full two week Vision Quest, or just as a “top-up” and “reality-check” for seasoned Vision Questors.
HERO QUEST and VISION QUEST are powerful, one- and two-week structured and progressive processes – in the wilderness.
- Removing the walls and ceiling in our minds and imaginations – Releasing Unblinkered Thinking and Creativity
- Working with Intention – Direction, Momentum, Target and Resolve
- Envisioning and Passion – Purpose, Mission, and Vision
- Personal Development and Motivation
- Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Clarity and De-Cluttering in our lives
- Dealing with Change and Making Changes
There are 4 main phases in the process:
Stripping away technology – laptops, phones, and even a roof over our heads – we are freed from all external influences and diversions (including people) to focus in a unique and powerful way on our own strengths, objectives, and reasons for being here on this program. For many, this may be the first time they have approached their objectives or issues cleanly, and completely outside of other expectations and limitations, and completely outside of their current lifestyle and constraints – In the wilderness. Unless it’s raining, this is the original blue-sky thinking.
- Severance: Freeing ourselves from outside influences and making a mental shift to focus only on the objectives at hand that we have brought with us
- Preparation and Exploration: Exploring our own issues, creativity and imagination, and new intentions for our lives going forward. Also using our Mesolithic ancestors’ problem solving and multiple-solutions-focused thinking as a creative metaphor for developing our own solutions and intentions around our own objectives. This is a Solutions Focused approach.
- Threshold: Intense and productive solo time in the wilderness, to gain crystal clarity in our own specific objectives, away from all other influences, stripping away all vestiges of self-imposed constrained thinking, and stepping away from constraints or influences put upon our thinking by other people, situations, and also the limiting culture and expectation from our daily lives. This is the phase where clarity takes hold, and the real issues emerge, demanding our firm intentions and actions to move forward.
- Incorporation: Final honing of firm intentions for actioning and incorporating into your life over the coming days, weeks, months or even years.
Combined approaches in this process assist in freeing us from constrained thinking:
- Coaching and personal development approaches
- An exploration of ancient tribal and wilderness living skills, and multiple-solutions-focused thinking
- Rebellious Thinking with a Tribe of diverse people and diverse ideas
- Smash our mindsets and mental cages- Traditional Wilderness Vision Quest and Rites of Passage techniques, to generate subsequent intentions and actions beyond all normal expectations. VQ is how our ancestors sometimes approached decision making, change making, seeking answers to issues and problems, or even to discover what the REAL questions actually are in the first place.
- Established and recognised therapeutic approaches to facilitate personal development
These are uniquely integrated tightly with an exploration of how our ancestors approached life and tribal problems with multi-faceted solutions-focused thinking, imagination and creativity, for example:
- Advanced and Basic Bushcraft, and Mesolithic long-term living skills, tackling objectives and technology for:
- Fire mastery
- Shelter mastery
- Basic Tool mastery
- Making tools and items we may need as a tribe from forest materials
- Water / hydration mastery
- Safety systems and keeping yourself and others safe – the Buddy System
- Orientation and natural navigation in the landscape
- Familiarisation with the local terrain and your choosing your personal solo area
More background details here, on our FAQ pages >>> https://www.Life-Engineering.co.uk/vision-quest-faqs/
THE eQe MISSION
- Re-Awaken the Human Potential
- Future-Proof Humanity
We do this by working with individuals and teams in a wilderness context, to try and facilitate them in freeing their imagination in responsibility, action, work and vision, and unleashing as much of their potential as possible, and positive impact in their life, the lives of those around them.
Pushing down fears and anxieties – But listening to them. Raising up faith, intentions and actions, and taking control of our future and our responses in life. Clearing away the clutter and distractions, to get to the hidden epicentre of what our issues truly are, and to then generate firm intentions and immediate actions around these.
Who are eQe?
Our eQeOUTDOORS’ team includes:
- Therapists and Counsellors
- Wilderness Vision Quest Guides
- Business Coach
- Advanced Bushcraft Practitioner and other Outdoor Leaders
- Ex-Industry Environmental Scientists and Biologists
- MBA-Qualified Consultants
- Senior Managers to Managing Director level
Since 1983, eQeOUTDOORS’ Director Robin Sheehan was a climatologist, oceanographer and environmental scientist; a developer in environmental and space systems; and Managing Director in the GIS sector for Europe, Middle East and Africa. He is a trained Wilderness Vision Quest Guide, and Director of Wilderness Therapy and Training for eQe.
To Book – You have 2 options
You can join a scheduled HERO QUEST or VISION QUEST program on our Booking Page – HERE
We will then engage with you directly to discuss your reasons for applying and help you to prepare, as you specifically bring your own personal objectives and issues
with you to the process.
If you are booking as a larger group, you should first check availability – email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or contact us to arrange a block-booking, scheduled around your private group:
Please contact Robin directly via email@example.com