Future Proof Human“It’s about the Mission. Everyone needs to be on that wave.”
Envision what others don’t dare. Do what has not been done. Achieve what others say can’t be done.
A One-Week Programme Targeting:
Smashing Expectations and Limitations – Vision, Mission, Leadership, Direction, Decisions and Creativity
For Teams and Individuals in e.g. Science, Technology, R&D, Environmental, Energy, Transport, Infrastructure, Engineering and Space Industries. You are somewhere in the business of Future Proofing Humanity, whether future proofing life on Earth or enriching the human presence here or extending human reach through space exploration and enabling us as a multi-planetary species.
“…Want to take a ride?!”
The FPH Program
Envision what others don’t dare to. Aspire to do what has not been done. Achieve what others say can’t be done. Reboot your imagination, listen to your passions. Re-discover, re-kindle, re-envision, re-forge your potential, vision and mission. see past the blind spots.
FPH is about freeing creative thought and ideas unhindered by the legacy of current industry “group-think” and technology; current industry limiting thinking; or current industry expectations. Who told you “you can’t do it that way”? Breaking free from unqualified acceptance of “this is what we have to work with”, “this is how it’s done here”, “this is how everyone says it’s going to be”. Freedom from the power of preconceptions and misconceptions.
How could you do it if you could start again, from scratch, with a clean sheet of paper and a free mind?
WHO IS FPH FOR? WHAT IS FPH FOR? WHO ARE eQeOUTDOORS?
FPH is a one-week structured and progressive personal and life development program in the wilderness – out of your normal working context. You will focus on your own specific objectives and issues that you bring with you. This is based around an established process known in some circles as Wilderness Vision Quest, integrated with bushcraft, coaching and established therapeutic approaches.
Who is it for?
- Science, R&D, Technology, Environmental, Engineering, and Space Industry Organisations and Businesses
- Scientists, Engineers, Technicians, R&D Scientists and Leaders
- Directors, Managers, Leaders, Programme and Product Delivery Leaders, Visionaries, Designers and Academics
- Teams and Individuals
- These actions might be targeting a specific mission, program, issue, problem, solutions approach, design, missing creativity, or short-circuiting a blinkered way of homogenous, cloned group-thinking.
- Or these intentions and actions may be around generating a new purpose for you as an individual, or to generate a new vision, mission and purpose for your team or organisation.
FPH is about Rebel Ideas and Imagination. The FPH Program facilitates you to focus on what you or your project or organisation are really all about, in the most unconstrained way possible at your apex – the spear tip – and how you or your organisation are contributing to Future Proof Humanity.
THE eQe MISSION:
- Re-Awaken the Human Potential
- Future-Proof Humanity
We do this by working with individuals and teams in a wilderness context, to try and facilitate them in freeing their imagination in work and vision, to try and un-stick sticky problems, and unleashing as much of their potential and positive impact on the world through their work as possible – Clearing away the clutter and distractions, to get to the epicentre of what the issue truly is, and to then generate firm intentions and immediate actions around that.
Our eQeOUTDOORS’ team includes:
- MBA-Qualified Consultants
- Ex-Industry Scientists
- Senior Managers to Managing Director level
- Business Coach
- Advanced Bushcraft Practitioner and other Outdoor Leaders
- Therapists and Counsellors
- Vision Quest Guides
Since 1983, eQeOUTDOORS’ Director Robin Sheehan was a climatologist, oceanographer and environmental scientist; a developer in environmental and space systems; and Managing Director in the GIS sector for Europe, Middle East and Africa. We’ve worked hard to develop the application of this powerful, established personal development VQ process, creating the accessible 1-week FPH programme.
WHY SHOULD YOU ENGAGE WITH THE FPH PROGRAM?
You want to move from ingrained 2-dimensional working to a new 4-dimensional vision.
FPH – GENERATING YOUR 4-D VISION IN A 2-D LANDSCAPE
Elon Musk – love him or hate him. But having a remarkable “4-D vision” and very intentional course of action while all around are still thinking and working in “2-D”, has made him the visionary success he is, and a driving force for the future of humanity, whether through accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy and electric vehicles, or accelerated space exploration to become a multi-planetary species:
- The vision and mission of SpaceX has been distilled into three words on the entire workforce’s lips – Go To Mars
- It’s not about making a pound, dollar or euro – It’s about the mission, and everyone needs to be on that wave
- It’s about an appetite for exploration
- It’s about passion, drive and talent of the team
There are 5 things that set the work of industry visionaries apart from their contemporaries, which we have identified as also being fundamental parts of the FPH process:
You will work on these 5 principles as part of the overall process:
Envisioning: Building Vision and Scope – far beyond what everyone else is currently doing or thinking; moving far beyond a simple competitive or reactive “keep up with the rest” approach. Refusing to blindly follow or fall in line.
Radical and Rebellious Thinking – Who says you can’t? Removing the blinkers of “Group-Think” peppered with blind spots. Dare to lift your head, see and say something different. There are radically different ways of approaching things than how everyone has been blindly pursuing them for years. And just because “everyone says it is like this” doesn’t mean it’s true or that it’s not time for a new idea. Dare to throw away the invented-rule book we all propagate and unleash your radical rebellious mind to re-imagine new avenues of exploration, solutions, technology and timescales.
Decluttering: Single mindedness and focus – New clarity of direction and target objective. Clear out the distractions, diversions, red-herrings, and blinkered industry-peer pressures and blind spots.
One Tribe: Your Tribe in the Workplace – Belonging – Belief – Ownership – People
Intention: Formulate and execute immediate next actions, based on the above
FPH allows you the space within the process to address questions and issues typically relating to your role, your project and your thinking, unconstrained:
Removing the walls and ceiling in our minds and imaginations – Releasing Unblinkered Thinking and Creativity in Role
Working with Intention – Direction, Momentum, Target and Resolve in Work
Envisioning and Passion – Purpose, Mission, and Vision as an Individual, an Organisation or Team
Staff / Personal Development and Motivation
Mental Health and Wellbeing in the Workplace
Clarity and De-Cluttering in Teams and Individuals
Dealing with Change and Making Changes
FPH is a powerful, potentially life-changing one-week structured and progressive process – in the wilderness.
This is not sitting in a room for two days, eating pastries and drinking coffee, “team building”, and then returning to our laptops, unchanged. This is borrowing from our Mesolithic ancestors’ approach to problem solving, through:
- Clarity of vision and perspective
- Diversity of ideas and individuals, and Rebellious Thinking
- Multiple-solutions-focused thinking as a creative metaphor for developing our own solutions and intentions around our own objectives
- The power of time alone in the wilderness and Rites of Passage
Strip away current thinking, current technology, industry expectations – This is the chance to explore how to take a fresh approach your problem or project or objective at hand …when all you have to start from is a blank sheet in front of you, the Imaginarium inside of you, and the night sky and cosmos above you.
We will drink great coffee, but it will be brewed by you, on your own fire that you have made, in the wilderness, and with your own realisation – and firm determination – that there is no way you will be walking out of this program unchanged.
There are 4 main phases in the process:
No tech to new tech! Stripping away technology – laptops, phones, and even a roof over our heads – we are freed from all external influences and diversions to focus in a unique and powerful way on our own strengths, objectives, and reasons for being here on this FPH program. For many, this may be the first time they have approached their objectives or issues cleanly, and completely outside of other expectations and limitations, and completely outside of their current lifestyle and constraints – In the wilderness. Unless it’s raining, this is the original blue-sky thinking.
- Severance: Freeing ourselves from outside influences and making a mental shift to focus only on the objectives at hand that we have brought with us to the FPH program
- Preparation and Exploration: Exploring our own creativity and imagination in problem solving and new idea formulation, using our Mesolithic ancestors’ problem solving and multiple-solutions-focused thinking as a creative metaphor for developing our own solutions and intentions around our own objectives. Strip away current thinking, current technology, industry expectations – This is the time to learn how to approach your problem or objective at hand …when all you have to start from is a blank sheet.
- Threshold: Intense and productive solo time in the wilderness, to gain crystal clarity in our own specific objectives, away from all other influences, stripping away all vestiges of self-imposed constrained thinking, and stepping away from constraints or influences put upon our thinking by other people, situations, and also the limiting culture and expectation from our industry or workplace. This is the phase where clarity takes hold, and the real issues emerge, demanding our firm intentions and actions to move forward.
- Incorporation: Final honing of firm intentions for actioning on your return.
Combined approaches in this process assist in freeing us from constrained thinking:
Coaching and personal development approaches
An exploration of ancient tribal and wilderness living skills, and multiple-solutions-focused thinking
Rebellious Thinking and Diversity of People and Ideas
Smash our mindsets and mental cages- Traditional Wilderness Vision Quest and Rites of Passage techniques, to generate subsequent intentions and actions beyond all normal expectations. VQ is how our ancestors sometimes approached decision making, change making, seeking answers to issues and problems, or even to discover what the REAL questions actually are in the first place.
Established and recognised therapeutic approaches to facilitate personal development
These are uniquely integrated tightly with an exploration of how our ancestors approached technological problems with multi-faceted solutions-focused thinking, imagination and creativity, for example:
- Advanced and Basic Bushcraft, and Mesolithic long-term living skills, tackling objectives and technology for:
- Fire mastery
- Shelter mastery
- Basic Tool mastery
- Making tools and items we may need as a tribe from forest materials
- Water / hydration mastery
- Safety systems and keeping yourself and others safe – the Buddy System
- Orientation and natural navigation in the landscape
- Familiarisation with the local terrain and your choosing your personal solo area
More background details here, on our FAQ pages >>> https://www.Life-Engineering.co.uk/vision-quest-faqs/
WHAT WILL MAKE YOUR ACHIEVEMENTS AND CONTRIBUTION TO HUMANITY SIGNIFICANT IN THE NEXT TEN YEARS?
YOUR PEOPLE. YOUR IMAGINATION. YOU.
Imagination is more important than current knowledge.
Organisations do not shape the future. People do.
People shape organisations. Through culture, capabilities, talent and strength of vision. You want to explore the move from “we’ve always done it this way” to decisively choosing a new direction and a new impetus for a new future.
People engaging in the FPH Vision Quest process are entering a crucible. Be prepared to identify and burn away the impurities and contaminants that constrain you, railroad you, divert you, block you, blind you, lie to you, and slow you down.
The impact can be profound.
Homogenous Teams, Organisations and Industries
There are hundreds of things that will cause Strategic Drift within an organisation, but the result is always the same: The vision gets forgotten, the direction is lost, the busy-ness takes over from the business, and the passion and progress dissolve.
Evidence from Joseph Henrich (“The Secret of our Success”) shows that:
- From a group of geniuses – all leaders and experts in a specified field who all know as much as each other – only 18% will achieve or invent the required innovation to solve a given new problem
- From a group of lower-expertise but more diverse individuals – but who socialise and communicate well – 99.9% will achieve or invent the required innovation
It’s disturbingly easy to lose sight of the target, and become blocked from progress as an organisation, a team, or an individual.
Or to become lost in the fog and clutter and distractions of “real life” business and organisational issues, email, admin and legislation. Group-Think and homogenous “just like me” teams can also blinker an organisation and steer it endlessly down a wrong path, fuelled by unquestioning “everyone here accepts this is the way and keeps going” mentality.
It feeds our own comfort and affirms our opinions to be with like-minded people, who know the things we know, and have the same experience or background to us. Individuals are intelligent, experienced, maybe the best in their field, and they have correct ideas.
But collectively, the group is homogenous, with no-one bringing to the table anything different to anyone else. Because they are all the same. The group is “clones”, with limited boundaries on thinking and no experience beyond the sphere they all work together in – experts or not.
You act like Vikings, but the truth is you’re all just rowing together in the wrong direction, because you all agree with each other, think the same way, with no diversity, with no reality-check compass, no wind in your sail, and you can’t see anything for the fog. And no-one lifts their head to see a different truth beyond the comfort-blanket of the fog, and say “stop – go that way”.
HOW PRACTICAL AND “REAL-LIFE” IS THIS?
It’s challenging but it’s practical and it’s real
From 1983, I was a professional Environmental Scientist for 15 years. I then moved to being a senior manager in the global GIS software industry (becoming Managing Director) for another 13 years, when I wore a suit, tie, and shiny shoes every working day. I have an MBA. And personal development in a Wilderness Vision Quest program changed my working life and professional mission.
The FPH experience is practical, process driven, and tried and tested. It’s wholly relevant and accessible to grounded professional people.
It can generate movement in “stuck” situations and provides a reality check for the issues and situations we bring with us, often even resulting in the questions we are asking to be changed to the questions we should be asking.
This is based on an established, powerful, personal and life development process, and eQeOUTDOORS uses the power of being out in the Scottish wilderness, alongside a strong focus on learning practical bushcraft and wilderness living skills needed there, to reconnect with our natural world, integrated with modern coaching and therapeutic approaches in order to propel ourselves forward in life and as a person. Magic does happen, and you make it happen.
To Book – You have 2 Options
You can join a scheduled FUTURE PROOF HUMAN program on our Booking Page – HERE
We will then engage with you directly to discuss your reasons for applying and help you to prepare, as you specifically bring your own personal objectives and issues
with you to the process.
If you are booking as a larger group, you should first check availability – email us at email@example.com
Or contact us to arrange a block-booking, scheduled around your private group:
Please contact Robin directly via firstname.lastname@example.org